Contest: The Novella Spectacular
Contest deadline: April 30, 2019
Winner announced: June 15, 2019
Got a NaNoWriMo masterpiece that doesn’t hit literary agent’s word count targets? Do you have an amazing short story that’s not so short and is actually kind of a book but not really? Are you sitting on a literary wonder crafted in the spirit of brevity with a complexity of story that has left you teetering between the realms of short story and novel? Galaxy Galloper Press is eager to read your work!
Calling all writers with a polished manuscript between 15,000 and 50,000 words! The Novella Spectacular is NOW open until April 30, 2019.
Please submit using the form below. All that’s required— your basic information, manuscript, and a $20 submission fee. The form is considered your cover sheet/query letter. Any genre is welcome (literary, speculative, etc.), as our focus is the quality of the manuscript.
ALL contestants will receive feedback on their manuscripts and a copy of the winning novella. The winning writer will receive a book contract with Galaxy Galloper Press, some loot, and our undying admiration.
We look forward to reading your submissions and are eager to bring novellas back into the literary world. If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to the contest, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you for being an awesome reader/writer.
The Novella Spectacular Contest Terms and Conditions
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Novella Spectacular Contest is open until April 30, 2019. The sponsor of this contest is Galaxy Galloper Press, LLC (herein referred to as Sponsor). By participating in the contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules and the decisions of sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of novellas. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to authors of an unpublished novella. Novellas must be entrant’s original work, unpublished in print or online. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE: Book Contract and Cash
The winner will receive a book contract with Galaxy Galloper Press, LLC. The industry-standard contract will include all necessary means of registration (ISBN, Barcode, U.S. Copyright), distribution (wholesale, online, chains, independent bookstores), promotion (signings, conferences, social media), and editing/design services. The cash prize will determined based on the number of entries and funds available to the sponsor.
The contract cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the contest until April 30, 2019 online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following galaxygalloper.com/contests.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Novella Spectacular Contest winner will be selected by the members of Galaxy Galloper Press. The voting will begin on May 1st and run through June 10th until 11:59pm. The winner will be announced on June 15, 2019. The Winner must accept the prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 72 hours of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
6. PRIVACY: By entering the contest, you grant Sponsor permission to use your email address and any other personally identifiable information for the purpose of administration (delivering winning novella, receiving manuscript feedback) and prize fulfillment.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the contest or download of any materials in the contest.
8. ENTRANTS’ RIGHTS: In exchange for a $20.00 entry fee, all entrants will receive feedback on their manuscripts as well as a copy of the winning novella (digital or print). Feedback will be focused on developing the novella into a publishable work (discussing author strengths and places for growth). Entering the contest does not guarantee winning the prize.
9. SPONSOR: Galaxy Galloper Press, LLC